Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Bossier City summer, have the specialists at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc today at 318-855-2326.