Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family cozy during the Bossier City chill. If you already called Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc for your annual tune-up, you’re absolutely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 318-855-2326 to get one scheduled.
There are many straightforward things you can do in between pro tune-ups to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a easy way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain maximum efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are clear for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have grown up around your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat often to ensure that it’s working properly. Merely turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc at 318-855-2326 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!