Typically, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Contingent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, if you have pets, and how regularly your air filter has been replaced, to name a few—you may adjust your air duct cleaning
more or less often. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are certainly some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns caked with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a blockage in your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers carrying out dust?
- When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see an accumulation of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
- Can you hear clatter other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have not as much airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc in Bossier City about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and prolong the timeline between professional cleanings.
First and foremost, schedule annual HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc. A maintenance check of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and possible replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating efficiently, and will help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc about installing an air purification system. We offer the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other actions you can take include:
- Regularly dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters routinely and replacing them when the manufacturer recommends changing them. Most filters will show dust on them after a short time in service, but they may not demand replacement.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that permit dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or broken air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your Bossier City home clean and healthy. Give the professionals at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc a call at 318-855-2326.