With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc specialist do air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system running at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is working correctly and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc a call at [[phonenumber]].