Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Bossier City, a lot of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a huge impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it must be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Install a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The team at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc in Bossier City a call to get started. Give us a shout at 318-855-2326 or schedule an appointment with us online.