Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Bossier City during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Central Aire Heating & A/C Inc at 318-855-2326 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.